I'm in Central Texas and although we've had a mild summer so far, the temps are beginning to reach 100 and I expect will soon be much hotter come August. I have two hives I'd like to merge. One has the temperament I like and the other draws wavy, messy comb. My thought is to remove the queen with the messy brood and merge the hive with the other tidy hive. They both have about the same number of bees and frames of brood, but both hives are a bit small (one started as a package and the other a split). I know it's too hot to order a queen for the messy hive - my UPS driver says his truck often reaches 120 degrees and I don't get deliveries until 5:30pm, so a queen would spend all day in the back of a hot delivery truck. I don't like that idea at all. Should I merge the two hives now or wait until cooler temps this fall?