Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Speaking as a veteran I can never forget the real meaning of memorial day and what it means to me for all those who gave their all. Every one of them is a true American Hero. I shall never forget and forever be in their debt.
God bless our troops and God bless America.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thank you phil c,
One of my biggest pet peaves is people who turn a day of remembrance into party time. If we can't even muster the decency to pay respect then we don't deserve what they bought for us.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I think it was Barry that posted this National Anthem last year. It's a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ6NVV2CmEs

Thanks to Bigeddie, Sqkcrk's son, Barry's son, Frysl and the many other Vet's here on this forum I may not know and all the troops around the World. Thank You.

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
I don't know. I think it's different today then when we gave the two finger (same hand) salute. ;)

Looks more like "I'm cool, I'm hangin,"

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
My daughter and son-in-law. The picture is from when he first enlisted three years ago. He's deployed somewhere but we don't really know where. He'll be back in August to meet his first child.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us - that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain - that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom - and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts