Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to get some of your suggestions i have a bee yard with 5 hives in it 3 on one row and then 15 feet away i have 2 more the two for the last few weeks have been getting more and more aggresive today i opened the inner cover on one a dbl deep with super on and imeditaly there was a cloud of bees im talking alot never dealt with bees this mean i have been in other agg hives done cut outs and none were this mean they followed me about 200 yards and could not lose them all for about 10 min even stung the neighbor working in her garden. my first plan is to set a trap for maybe a skunk or ssome critter that or just move them maybe requeen but i dont even think i could get in them to pinch old queen idk what to do PLEASE HELP WITH YOUR INPUT

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bees can get aggressive at times but (for instance when protecting honey during a dearth or during cooler weather if you don't give ample notice, in the way of some before entering the hive). If they are as aggressive as you say and this isn't a one-time behavior then your best solution is to re-queen. But you will need to find the old/aggressive queen in order to kill her. An alternative would be to find/kill the queen and merge the hive with a weaker hive (in case you have a hive the isn't up to snuff for wintering).

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i smoked them first they are not queenless i seen larva at top of frames im gonna try to requeen but these things are MEANNNNNNN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts