Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont get me wrong your absolutely right about nothing beating the plane for every $$$ spent. I love the thing myself just bought one of the speed controls that Maxant said would regulate the temp depending on how well that works (If it works so good I can't understand why they don't try to market it with or have it as and option to the plane) I plan on get getting two more before going the Cowen route. You can't beat the speed of it or how it take off so little wax but when you go to put it down to get anther super of frames to decap or unload/load a 60 frame extractor:lookout:. i mean the on off switch is good and all but :(.
Thanks Maxant the speed control actually did the trick :D. It greatly delayed the time it took the plane to start smoking. I mean it's still not a thermostat but it gave me enough time to pull ten frames out of a box and put them on the decapping table with out having to stick the head of the plane in a bucket of water (which i found because the water would get to boiling temp, keeps the blade at right temp better then the on/off switch).
If any one has or is planning on getting the plane i would defiantly recommend you get a speed control to go with it. That is until i can convince Maxant to replace the on/off switch with the control or at least a hi/lo switch;)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Excellent!
I actually used it myself a few weeks ago, and it is smooooooooth! :thumbsup:
I would do 6 frames, shut it off. Extract. Then do 6 more frames, and repeat cycle.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
"I would do 6 frames, shut it off. Extract. Then do 6 more frames, and repeat cycle."

I'm sorry, but it is my turn... Listen to what you wrote... That is LAME !!

Would you accept that from your Ford dealer if your truck would only run 6 miles and then had to sit for 15 minutes ? I don't think so !
Fuzzy

·
Registered
843 Posts
"I would do 6 frames, shut it off. Extract. Then do 6 more frames, and repeat cycle."

I'm sorry, but it is my turn... Listen to what you wrote... That is LAME !!

Would you accept that from your Ford dealer if your truck would only run 6 miles and then had to sit for 15 minutes ? I don't think so !
Fuzzy
Fuzzy, :scratch:
I wasnt stating this in regards to the performance of our UCP. I was simply explaining how I PERSONALLY uncap. Our UCP can run all day, its all about how fast you can move!
I have only 2 hives, so I like to take my time and enjoy the process.
As for the comment of Ford, 1 of my Fords doesnt go as far as 6 miles per run, more like 1/4. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts