Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with this Maxant spinner? I have had it for 2 years and I have had excellent results fromMaxant products but am having some difficulty with the spinner. I use a Maxant chain uncapper which produces a lot of slushy wax and honey. I dump this in reasonable amount sinto the spinner but the spinner always shakes as if it is overloaded. The only way I can get it to function is to open the drain and let the honey drain out first with the machine off. I also have to cintinuously scrap the wax from the sides of the machine even if it is in lesser amounts. I would appreciate eany suggestions as I have used the machine in the same manner for 2 years with out this issue.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The only way I can get it to function is to open the drain and let the honey drain out first with the machine off.
I do not have a Jr Spinner but the Maxant Extractor operates in a similar fashion if too much honey collects at the bottom. Can you put a 5 gallon bucket under the drain and keep it open while the spinner is running?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I always let mine drain into a bucket as it runs. It seems to whip air into the honey if I load too many wet cappings to quickly. Mine has been bad about running unbalanced this year, no issues in the previous 2 years, but I've been more aggressive this year removing that dang burr comb on the bottom of my frames, and I assumed it was from those pieces being too large.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Don’t own that one but a senior. Let it drain. Besides you will be whipping the honey. Anchor it down. I have moved to anchor all of my equipment and its really help.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have anchorded it down and I do keep a 5 gallon bucket. But the problem is that it starts to shake so bad I have to turn it off, lett all honey drain first, scrap the sides and start again. I think the problem is that the cappings coming off the Maxant chain uncapper are so thick that they are too heavy and unbalance the machine. Simply stated the Jr. Spinner can only handle very lighter loads. I didnt have this problem the first 2 years but this year I have thicker honey frames. First disappointment with a Maxant product. I have also stuggled with the chain uncapper but I can make adjustments as I go, between thinner and thicker honey frames.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Do you have a valve or gate on the spinner? I hope not!
Are you adding the cappings with the machine running or just dumping it in while off?
With the machine running, slowly add cappings from your buckets.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Are you adding the cappings with the machine running or just dumping it in while off?
With the machine running, slowly add cappings from your buckets.
I have one of these. Maxant is correct. Cappings need to be fed slowly to a running machine. You might let cappings drain a little prior to putting them in the uncapper. That said, this machine does a great job of drying the cappings. It is a bit of a pain to scrape the cappings off the spinners walls after; however, it may need to be done multiple times depending on the volume of honey you are processing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try going slower. The machine is designed with a central axis similar to my Maxant extractor so it can become unbalanced with a load that is heavier and not distributed so adding slower should help. Yes, I do add when the machine is turned on.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Two thing. 1 bolted to the floor. Two window screen fabric with some paper clips to hold it in place. Makes the removal a lot easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts