Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone with a 20F Maxant extractor could help me out.

I currently have the powered 9F and am looking to go a big bigger. The Maxant 9F has been reliable and solid, but the opening where you insert the frames is BARELY big enough to get the frames into the cages for extraction.

I am guessing the 20F extractor has a larger opening and it's a bit easier to get the frames in. Can someone who has one o these confirm?

Thank you!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yes, I've had the Maxant powered 9 frame (3100P) and currently have the Maxant 20 frame (1400P). The 20 frame is much easier to get frames in and out of. The basket also spins freely without the need to activate the motor. Also, 20 frame extractor has a real heavy duty motor that I like better than the smaller Parvalux motor on the 9 frame. The 20 frame just seems built more solid overall.

I sold the 9 frame extractor in 2019. The only thing I miss about it is the three tangential slots. I'd put my heaviest frames in those and, even though had to flip them, it got almost every drop out of honey out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I own a 20 frame Dadant and would recommend it over the Maxant 20 frame. It has a 30" tank compared to the 26" Maxant, making it more efficient and easier to load and unload. It also has a 36 frame capacity of shallow or mediium frames and has a direct drive motor as opposed to the Maxant belt driven. Only $100 difference in price.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I own a 20 frame Dadant and would recommend it over the Maxant 20 frame. It has a 30" tank compared to the 26" Maxant, making it more efficient and easier to load and unload. It also has a 36 frame capacity of shallow or mediium frames and has a direct drive motor as opposed to the Maxant belt driven. Only $100 difference in price.
If I remember correctly the Dadant is just slightly too big to fit through a normal sized door. It does have a larger capacity though.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I've had a Maxant 20 for over 40 years, only part I have had to replace is the leather clutch. A dadant for 20 years, replaced the controller twice, and the bearing in the bottom every two years. Both are fine extractors, the Maxant is heavier duty.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've had a Maxant 20 for over 40 years, only part I have had to replace is the leather clutch. A dadant for 20 years, replaced the controller twice, and the bearing in the bottom every two years. Both are fine extractors, the Maxant is heavier duty.
Agreed. Maxant is very heavy duty. A real workhorse with very little that can break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts