Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this worth the cost? I have been averaging about 500lbs of honey a year, and doing it out of 5 gallon buckets with gates sucks and makes everything sticky. After buying the the valve and the tank it's pretty steep. I feel like this is one of those situations where spending a little more up front will pay off in the long run. I have not called the company yet, but do they cut any deals on shipping or the dripless bottling valve when you buy directly from them? Anybody have any advise or experience they would be willing to share with this purchase? Thanks

·
Registered
724 Posts
Is this worth the cost? I have been averaging about 500lbs of honey a year, and doing it out of 5 gallon buckets with gates sucks and makes everything sticky. After buying the the valve and the tank it's pretty steep. I feel like this is one of those situations where spending a little more up front will pay off in the long run. I have not called the company yet, but do they cut any deals on shipping or the dripless bottling valve when you buy directly from them? Anybody have any advise or experience they would be willing to share with this purchase? Thanks
I bought the 25 gallon tank last year. Maxant quality is excellent. A bottling tank is a game changer - you can bottle on demand instead of all at once and liquefy the honey for bottling as needed. I think it's worth the cost. I'm not aware of any sales or deals they do though. I think it's worth the cost.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
The only deals are at shows. That they go to. And then cash is king. They where at the ABF ( Witch will be in Chicago next year.) and Wooster Ohio

·
Registered
101 Posts
I’ve had one for a couple years, great product, much better than bottling from a pail with a honey gate, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner. Worth every penny

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
This works... Not Maxant, but if you're on a budget.

https://www.mannlakeltd.com/stainless-steel-honey-keg

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
A couple of things about the Mann. Their controller is in the back of the tank. Witch make it a pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts