Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the blessings of this," Stay at home lockdown," has been my ability to spend more time with family and love of beekeeping. I have revitalized my interest in learning everything I can about the bees. During the last going on 15 years and making almost every mistake with bees-way too many times, I want to get to the next level. I would like to hear from anyone that has taken the 15-month Master Beekeeping course through Cornell University or any other program. The pros and cons. How did you like the program? How does it compare to other programs?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I completed the courses but had to reschedule my exams in Ithica to next year since I didn't want to do everything on line because of the current panic, kinda old fashioned. Anyway, I felt that I learned an awful lot about bees and beekeeping and am doing a "citizen science" project for Cornell (A project is required of all students) to determine the duration of the antiviral effect of Reishi mushroom extract. The project has to be pre-approved by the lead instructor, who I really like & who has reached out to me many times about various issues involving bees. All of my schooling so far has been in person & these were the first online courses that I'd taken throughout my life. The course content is broken down in logical sequences with videos & text as homework. Quizzes on each area is standard and challenging. I would recommend it wholeheartedly. If you have any other questions, shoot me an email or message.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts