Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

mason bee help

1148 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Jim Fischer
I recently joined and posted on the welcome tab but I decided not to clog it up and just post it on here. I had great people answer my questions on that thread and have read other threads about mason bees on here. I was wondering about mason bees and whether or not to buy the cocoons or not and ill probably debate about it for a while but if you have any tips id enjoy reading them thank you.
I recently joined and posted on the welcome tab but I decided not to clog it up and just post it on here. I had great people answer my questions on that thread and have read other threads about mason bees on here. I was wondering about mason bees and whether or not to buy the cocoons or not and ill probably debate about it for a while but if you have any tips id enjoy reading them thank you.
See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Administrator
Mutts and Carniolans in Langs.
937 Posts
Couple of thoughts. Likely seasonal so you may only have weeks or a month to order mason bees for this year.

Not sure if mason bees are guilty, but some 'mud daubing' bee or wasp species will fill every possible hole they can with mud which then dries. Not cool if it is the over pressure vent for your water heater! Or more recently the tip end of my propane torch. Could not clean it well enough and had to buy a new one... Nice having a push button start, but was not planing on buying a new one. Most of it was over 40 years old and had been my dads:(

More amusing was a hose repair coupling. Daughter needed one and it took me several minutes to get it off the nail it was hanging on. Yup, packed with dried mud.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.