Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone shed any light on any differences quality wise? The maxant one is a couple hundred dollars more and has only a single baffle unless you spend another $125 per baffle. Looks like the Mannlake one has 3 baffles included.

Otherwise the dimensions are the same. Mannlake used 18guage SS and i cant figure out that data from the maxant website.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
837 Posts
I do know that Maxant fit and finish of their SS equipment is first class.
I do not know about Mannlake.
I got a clarifying tank from Dadant several years ago, "contoller 1" and was very disappointed with their fit and finish. To tell the truth it looked like a bunch of high school kids welded it together. Took three months for them to fab one up. Also their warranty was just about useless too, had to mail in a registration card with in 10 days and then it was only good for (if I remember right) 90 days, and you had to send it back to them pre-paid freight. Only reason I got it was that it had a float switch on it to turn a pump on.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do know that Maxant fit and finish of their SS equipment is first class.
I do not know about Mannlake.
I got a clarifying tank from Dadant several years ago, "contoller 1" and was very disappointed with their fit and finish. To tell the truth it looked like a bunch of high school kids welded it together. Took three months for them to fab one up. Also their warranty was just about useless too, had to mail in a registration card with in 10 days and then it was only good for (if I remember right) 90 days, and you had to send it back to them pre-paid freight. Only reason I got it was that it had a float switch on it to turn a pump on.
I had thought about the dadant for the same reason. Thanks for the heads up I appreciate the feedback !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts