Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 100 pounds of Gum Rosin from Mann Lakes ordering service over the weekend. It's great that they have an ordering service for off hours! I called today to check on the order and the folks were great, and told me it shipped today (two days from when I ordered it on the weekend) and they informed me that they had followed the special delivery instructions! So far my first order from Mann Lake is going GREAT!

Now, 100 pounds of Rosin is more then I can use....so, I'll probably help out some of my closer friends in dipping their new equipment too...:)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Got my Gum Rosin yesterday! Ordered on Thursday afternoon and it arrived Tues morning. I've never had a problem with Mann Lake.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
53,990 Posts
>I got mine last month, it was fast delivery too! Now to find a sale at Hobby Lobby on paraffin. Last time it was $9.99 per 10 lb. blocks.

If you're ever up this way (or I'm down that way) I bought a bunch and didn't use it as I went with beeswax instead. I could beat that price. :)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I got mine last month, it was fast delivery too! Now to find a sale at Hobby Lobby on paraffin. Last time it was $9.99 per 10 lb. blocks.
I must have bought too much of it at my Hobby Lobby. They raised the price from $9.99 to $12.99. That was last year. I haven't looked yet this year.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
>I got mine last month, it was fast delivery too! Now to find a sale at Hobby Lobby on paraffin. Last time it was $9.99 per 10 lb. blocks.

If you're ever up this way (or I'm down that way) I bought a bunch and didn't use it as I went with beeswax instead. I could beat that price. :)
I'm going to Vegas Monday, maybe we could meet there? ;)

I'd sure like to take you up on the paraffin, got any travel plans in the next few weeks?

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Would be nice to have someone at your back door with good prices. Shipping is murder these days. Especially with some shippers taking advantage of the hyped up shipping costs which really aren't that terrible. But an easy excuse to stick you a little more on S&H. It really smokes my tale to have merchants hide their markup in S&H!!! :mad: I think most have stopped that dirty practice but some still insist.

If you don't have a store at home, Candlewic has always had descent pricing on their paraffins. About a buck a lb. A few cents more for higher melt points and few cents lower if it's lower. I used to order from them a lot a few years ago, hardly ever now days. But they had great customer service back then.

http://www.candlewic.com/store/category.aspx?q=cParaffins

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I would love to see them as well. Anyone?
I would encourage you to go to myspace, but the pictures I have there look just like yours for some reason. :rolleyes: Even the electric stove is familiar.

I will be using my larger tank in the next few weeks on a stand built for using a turkey fryer stove. I'll get some updated photos then.

·
Registered
35 Posts
other (vegetable) waxes

Has anyone any experience with other non-toxic, non-petroleum based waxes (besides beeswax) in preserving woodenware?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts