Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They sent me 19 emails to remind me about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, all very similar.

1 - 11/21
3 - 11/22
2 - 11/23
2 - 11/24
1 - 11/25
5 - 11/26
1 - 11/27
4 - 11/28

On 11/26 they said final hours at 5:18pm but someone working late extended it at 11:18pm.
I am probably writing this thread too early because they again said Only Hours Left today at 3:04 pm but I wouldn't be surprised to see it extended again tonight.
I like Mann Lake but I think their email advertising department needs a lesson on not overdoing it.
Five in one day?

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
got to agree but not only Mann Lake, amazon, walyworld, etc every time I log on, I figure I've become famous with all the emails, then I'm brought down by the fact all they want is my honey money:lpf:

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I like Mann Lake but I think their email advertising department needs a lesson on not overdoing it.
Five in one day?
Agreed! This came up a year or two ago, and I was quite surprised to see that many here didn't really have issue with the constant barrage of extremely similar solicitations. For me, it would be another thing if each contact Mann Lake made represented new offers, but (at least on quick glance) they look to be identical offers. This time of year, my "delete" key gets plenty of exercise.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I see the same thing watching Hulu and getting a stupid ad repeated every 5 minutes. Unfortunately the generation that is working in these marketing departments grew up with Facebook and similar programs. They don't think 100 emails in a day that all say nothing is annoying. It tells me they don't really know or respect their customer base.

Or, maybe I don't know it and am not their target market. Maybe I'm just getting old... I don't think so, but I was wrong once before.

·
Registered
162 Posts
They sent me 19 emails to remind me about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, all very similar.
Pretty much the same here. I didn't count them. Tigerdirect sent me 5 in one hour and a ton more in two days. I can't think of anything I purchased from them. It was a short period between election adds and black Friday/Christmass.
ks

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Send them to the spam folder, they don't show up again.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

1 - 11/21
3 - 11/22
2 - 11/23
2 - 11/24
1 - 11/25
5 - 11/26
1 - 11/27
4 - 11/28

On 11/26 they said final hours at 5:18pm but someone working late extended it at 11:18pm.
I am probably writing this thread too early because they again said Only Hours Left today at 3:04 pm but I wouldn't be surprised to see it extended again tonight.
Five in one day?
I read the first one or two and "delete" the rest without opening.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Just for the record, their 12% discount is (or perhaps was) the real deal. I put in a big commercial sized order and it was just as advertised.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I WANT to receive their advertisements, but who NEEDS 19 in a few days? I unsubscribed once before but was missing sales.
They have an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My gmail account keeps the flood of promotional email under a promotional tab and away from my other email. At least it does on my laptop. I agree, Mann Lake sent out way too many emails.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Agree with all the above. ML and Kelly have been blowing up my inbox. Like others, after reading the first ones, I just delete the rest. It not like each one is a separate deal, same ol same ol. Ebay has been doing the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
11,162 Posts
I WANT to receive their advertisements, but who NEEDS 19 in a few days? I unsubscribed once before but was missing sales.
What you can try is NOT opening the repeat emails, or turn off image display by 'default'. Mass email campaigns typically include a tool disguised as an image that reports back to the sender about whether the email is "opened" or not. Opening the email is interpreted as 'interest', and they send you more. :)

Setting your email account to NOT show images until you tell it to is what I do. For GMail see this: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/145919?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

Interesting reading: https://mailchimp.com/resources/email-marketing-benchmarks/ :lookout:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I contacted them and told them people are happy with their products but were unhappy with all the constant emails when they have a sale.I havent gotten anymore emails since then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yup same here, when I was going through my emails it felt like every third or forth was from them.

A sign of the times I guess.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts

1 - 11/21
3 - 11/22
2 - 11/23
2 - 11/24
1 - 11/25
5 - 11/26
1 - 11/27
4 - 11/28

Five in one day?
It’s a horrible situation and I think you should contact them with your usual charm and diplomacy and make them aware of it.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It’s a horrible situation and I think you should contact them with your usual charm and diplomacy and make them aware of it.
I appreciate your sympathy in this dreadful ordeal.

I thought your promised to remove your stupid signature from your Beesource posts?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I thought your promised to remove your stupid signature from your Beesource posts?
I’m sorry Oliver. I’m still enjoying congratulatory PM’s from many members on this site. I will take it down soon. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts