Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called Mann Lake this morning, to order some misc. equipment and was informed that they are now offering free shipping on qualifying orders of $100 or more!! YIPEE.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
668 Posts
The promotion runs from 1 August to 31 August and excludes 'bulky' items. From this, I take it that they mean things like extractors, their big wax melter, etc. - but I am sure they will let you know if you had something specific in mind.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, when I was questioning the sales person, it sounded like the majority of the items that were NOT included were the bulk cases of containers. It sounds like the extractors, Bee Pro Patties, and those types of things are included.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Bulk cases of containers were included in the free shipping when I ordered them yesterday. The rep I spoke to said it was the bigger items. I am sure that Mann Lake hasn't even figured it out yet!

Regardless, I am sure that individuals can find out directly from Mann Lake what is and isn't included when they order.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just spoke with a salesman. He said most items are included....such as woodenware. Also, this may be a permanent policy change.

·
Registered
712 Posts
They told daddy bulk 2 1/2 lb bottles wern't included.

Johnny

·
Registered
788 Posts
Love the idea of the free shipping.

Unfortunately, several of the items I have been lusting for have had a price increase.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Love the idea of the free shipping.

Unfortunately, several of the items I have been lusting for have had a price increase.
Yes, and a very significant increase for some of them. Unassembled deep commercial boxes have gone up 25%, assembled RiteCell frames about 30%, and unassembled commercial frames have gone up about 100%!, just to name a few. Sheesh, I can see keeping up with inflation, but this seems pretty extreme.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nothing is ever free, ;)

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I like you guys and all. But, I am not willing to pay more for what I need so you can have free shipping. Guess I am going to have to jump ship and start shopping around. Free shipping or not I am not pay more for things then I have too. I had bought a thousand frames last year so I am good for awhile but, might have to figure out how to make my own.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I agree that the increased prices will help cover the cost of shipping. It will probably save long distance shoppers some money.

But, realistically. I expect that the price changes will make all of the sub 100 dollar orders go somewhere else.

I won't mark Mann Lake off the the shop from list, but I will be comparing prices a lot closer. I'll have to do the math and see what items are cheaper to by somewhere else.

I guess I was just a little disappointed when I saw the topic title and the facebook post. Reminds me of the 50% off sales, when the items were marked up 60% the day before.

*shrugs*

All in all, I think it's a good move and I'm happy that the company is trying to do something to help the Beekeepers.

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
Most of Mann Lake's prices went up 15% across the board this year.

This year's catalog also has a new label - An Employee Owned Company.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Living on the West Coast, shipping comes close to doubling the price of things from places back East. I just wish the companies would think a bit more about it. The USPS has flat rate boxes, which would cut done the cost of shipping the smaller things. In the larger box you can ship up to 70 lbs in it for under $14. I know it would take a bit of planning, but it would sure make the customer's dollars go further and they'd have more money to spend on products.

Also books! Why are they not shipping them in as media mail? It is so much cheaper than by the pound. I won't buy books from them. Not at those shipping prices.

Pugs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts