Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Received a box of Mann Lake frames today, via Amazon. I was a bit leery since this was a cut-rate box so I expected some damage or something. But they look fine, quality looks good. The pieces I tried snapped together easily, snug but not too snug.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lumber is in short supply:
"U.S. lumber prices rose 170% from April to an all-time high in August and moderated only slightly in September, driving the cost of the average new home up $16,148 since April 17, according to the National Association of Home Builders, a Washington, D.C.-based trade organization...
Coronavirus lockdowns, supply shortages and labor shortages caused two thirds of firms to delay or cancel construction projects in March and April, creating a temporary but drastic drop in demand for lumber. Prices dropped 21%, and U.S. lumber companies slowed production to moderate supply. But the drop in production created a shortage when construction activity resumed in May, sending U.S. lumber prices soaring past historical levels, according to estimates by the Random Length Lumber Futures, a lumber price measure by the CME Group, a Chicago-based global markets company."
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/if-l...a-slowdown-in-housing-nahb-ceo-171649494.html

I have halted remodeling my house since prices on lumber and electrical supplies have gone up so much lately.
Hopefully prices come down by spring, I'd like to build some new hives and frames before the swarms start flying.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Got a severe case of sticker shock at my local building supply last weekend. 8' PT 6" x 6"s that I paid $21.98 for back in April are now $36! Planing a 'bee stuff' shed and have traded for enough rough sawn to frame the roof. Have some decent used metal to cover it, just need some 10' and 12' PT to hold it up. Ouch!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts