Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a nice little project on a rainy morning. I made two escape boards. Normally used to clear out honey supers, I needed one to clear out a box that was storing frames of sugar water. The little buggers found a way in and were robbing it, and I didn't want them mixing sugar water with nectar.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Paul, I'm more interested in that compound miter saw sliding base.

My bee escape was made the same way but I think I left too much space between the triangles (3/4") as the box population drops but it never fully clears, I think there is some two way traffic.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul, I'm more interested in that compound miter saw sliding base.

My bee escape was made the same way but I think I left too much space between the triangles (3/4") as the box population drops but it never fully clears, I think there is some two way traffic.
I think you're right. Mine are 3/8" gaps. But that shouldn't be too hard to fix by gluing in small pieces of wood to bring those gaps down.

My shop is small and my benches are full of tools, so I have to have my miter saw slide out for longer pieces. Right now I am tackling the ever present miter saw dust issue. I will be making a video of that when I'm done. I used to take a lot of pictures of my projects but a couple of years ago I graduated to making videos. Way way way more work and time involved but I'm able to convey more information. I set up a YouTube channel called OpenWoodShop. It's split up between bee stuff and wood shop stuff. I don't have the sliding miter saw table, but that's pretty simple to figure out. I do have other bee stuff including a jig for cove cutting handles into hives.

https://youtu.be/2o1ApSij930

1 - 5 of 5 Posts