Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with my son this evening and did some maintenance on the hives. Took out 4 solid bottom boards and replaced with screened bottom boards that I made, thanks to Hambone and his easy design. Thanks Hambone!

Found a mouse hiding under the first hive's solid bottom board. Wasn't really expecting that until closer to the fall.

Searched for queens in hives 1-5 and found them all. Queen #1 was already marked and we updated the mark on Queen #2. Did the first marking for queens 3, 4 and 5. We used a homemade tube that was just jury rigged by me. Too embarrassed to tell you about the design but boy did it sure work like a charm.

Refilled the hive top feeders.

Realized that hives 4 and 6 are busting at the seams with bees and desparately need hive body #3. Going to put the foundation in the frames tonight and put them on first thing in the morning.

A great time with my son.:applause:
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top