Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been procrastinating on subscribing to a bee publication. Partly because I don't know which is the best. I now leave laying around the Time magazine that I get. So I don't want more than one. Hope this doesn't start a war. I guess I could spend less time on Beesource but it doesn't put me to sleep like reading does.:D

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Well....I get both, throw them in the bathroom and read while I.....well you get the picture...8) I can't do just one, but if I had to....I would go with Bee Culture..no, wait....ABJ..yeah that's the one...or is it?? 8/ :scratch:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Valleyman, they are two rather different magazines, and as you can guess, you won't get a consensus. My advice is to subscribe to both for one year, then renew the one YOU read and enjoy the most. Of course, you may end up like most of us, and renew both.... :applause:
Regards,
Steven

·
Registered
134 Posts
My opinion is that ABJ is oriented more toward commercial operations and BC to hobby/sideline beeks. I subscribed to both for years but eventually dropped ABJ.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
My feel is that the ABJ is a bit more "scientific" oriented... though there are top notch articles in Bee Culture as well. But BC seems to be a bit more layman oriented.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would like to add that the digital editions of each magazine is much less than print (ABJ = $16, BC = $15). For a little more than the price of the print edition of one magazine, you could get both in digital form.

I very much prefer the digital editions, I don't lose the magazines around the house and I can save articles I really want to keep on my computer.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Bee Craft!!
the journal of the British Beekeepers Association. Seriously, it is my favorite of all the magazines.

It gives a great persepective. Very "sideline" oriented plus you learn about the rest of the world's view on beekeeping.
I get the paper version but they do have a new digital version edited by Dewey Caron and Ann Harmon.

Ofcourse I also have subscriptions to Bee Culture and ABJ.

-E.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts