Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am interested in subscribing to a magazine and I hesitate between the American Bee Journal and Bee-culture magazine. They both seem interesting for what I can see from the net.

I would like to have your opinion on that. Which one would someone with a good basic knowledge about bees and beekeeping would prefer ?

Hugo
Alma, Quebec

·
Registered
970 Posts
Well, I like both. But prefer ABJ personally as it is a little more in depth more in line for beekeepers with some experience. Bee culture is good but I think more geared for the hobbiest. ABJ seems to cover a broader range though in my POV. Both are good however and you will be happy with either I bet.

Clay

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I get and read both.
Clint

------------------
Clinton Bemrose
just South of Lansing Michigan

·
Registered
174 Posts
In my humble opinion:

American Bee Journal---more geared to the professional, experienced beekeeper, perhaps even more to commercial beekeeping.

Bee Culture----Great for hobbiest, interesting for everybody. Much more step by step instructions on things you will be trying.

I get both, check the mail more around the end of the month/ beginning of the month just waiting for the next edition of both.

I haven't seen/read the Speedy Bee, a monthly beekeeper newspaper out of Georgia. Has anyone subscribed to this and have an opinion on it?

·
Registered
260 Posts
When facing the same dilemma, I chose to subscribe to Bee Culture. Have been getting it for 7 years now and enjoy going through the old mags during the winter.
Denise

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bee Culture is geared more towards the backyard beekeeper.

Some international publications are good to give you perspective and new ideas.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
I have a lot of American Bee Journals from the late seventies to the late eighties. I have duplicates of many of them because of donations from other people that duplicated mine. I would trade them to anyone has some Bee Cultures or other books or magazines they want to part with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts