1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
That is a good opening day! Congrats. :applause:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
It's just a baby!! Swamp you have to come up the the rockies where the deer and elk are the size of horses. :D No really lots of ranchers put orange banners on their horses during hunting season cause lots of out of staters can't tell the difference. :scratch: dang yankees

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mrs. Dangerousli and I live in metro Atlanta. We're about a mile and a half outside the perimeter. We have a 6 acre pond that is about 50 yds behind our house. We have seen does and fawns in the backyard often. Yesterday morning we saw a nice 10 pt buck walking along the dam of the pond. Big buck, I'd estimate around 180-200 lbs, with about 14-18" spread.

I couldn't figure out how to mask the sound of my 12 ga...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
congrats, i shot a mule deer a few weeks ago to fill my buck tag, was trying to fill doe tags this morning. i have a 4x12 scope on my 30-06 and i had 2 does come thru the brush at 20 yards straight towards me. they stopped at 15 ft away.it was really 15 ft.knew i would never find them in the scope so i just let them walk into the next clump of trees, where they hit my tracks (scent) and ran. i thought about the "texas heart shot" but decided against it. every once in a while i wish i had iron sights.still no elk yet.i have seen lots of cows but no bulls.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
A well placed "texas heart shot" is very effective and doesn't waste much meat. It also looks better at the registration station than a head shot up the nose when they are facing you.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts