Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always looking for the lowest price on sugar to feed my bees. I found the best deal (in my area, SE PA) yet. Target, of all places has 5 pound bags of sugar for $2.09 a bag! Everywhere else in my area has it for around $3.00 a bag. I hope it is the same price everywhere.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Sugar at Target is the better buy at $.418 per lb. The Costco price listed above is $.50 per lb.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yeah i paid $13.15 for a 25 lb bag at walmart in my area! And the bees are sucking down a gallon a day! I have fed for 2 weeks now and went through 100 lbs of sugar! I cut them off yesterday since i have seen some action back and forth from the hives so im assuming the goldenrod has bloomed here in ky. I know it had bloomed in Indiana a few days ago and in Tenn as well...I would like to see them feed on their own so i dont have to feed, the only reason im feeding is because they are all new packages this year that i received at the end of april! I figure if they was sucking down a gallon a day for 2 weeks they must of needed it!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have been feeding for 2 months now, Nothing in the hives, and nothing in the ground. This drought we have had has been hard. 50# per week, gets expensive, but it is all I can do for them.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Those where 10 Pound Bags. I didnt read the label, just looked like a 5 pound bag. So, .472 a pound, which is not to bad.
In fact I said to my self in the store, "Gosh Mike, Sugar has gone down".
Sorry for having a teenage moment(if such a thing:D)

Mike

·
Registered
587 Posts
i bought 2 10 lb bags at WM yesterday for that same price...47.2/cents/lb. i asked someone who works there where the 25 lb bags were. she walked me over to where the sugar is displayed and didn't find any (as I had found out a few minutes before asking) and said that they don't sell it in 25 lb bags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.