Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My packages are doing great. These are some type of italian dominant looking and are very very calm. I had one fly around and buzz me but that it is. Last year my two dark hives used to bounce off my veil en masse. They followed me far when I walked away. Much much happeir with these..

Anyone else finding these to be good packages so far??

·
Registered
USDA Hardiness Zone 8a
167 Posts
Yes! I picked up 3 packages from Mann Lake on April 26 and hived them on the 27th. These bees are easy to work and calm. They are building comb like crazy and are really building up. One of them was really strong due to bees drifting from the other two so I ordered a queen from Kelley's and split the strong one. Today I found eggs in the new split and the hive that I took the frames from has already pulled comb in the empty frames I added and they are laid up.

I wish I new where Mann Lake got these bees from. All they would say is northern California.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have two of the Mann Lake packages and they are doing just fine. I believe the bees came from Olivarez Honey Bees.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yes! The Mann Lake package is doing very well. Everyone in out group is happy with them. I have to say I did not like how small the queens were when they first came, but I saw my queen a few days ago and she looks great now. I just put a super on the package I got at the beginning of April. Lets hope they can slow down like they build up and they don't eat themselves out of house and home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts