Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to inspect thehive before nightfall. I was about 7 feet away and man I can hear them buzzing. I realized they could be so loud.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Then hopefully it's just a strange occurrence. The only times I've had hives be so loud that you can hear them from a distance, they've been queenless. Oh, I've also had them bee somewhat noisy when they were getting heavy ants infesting the hive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You stated you released her. Did you leave her in a cage for a few days and then release her or just put her in there?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I hate to add to your worry, and I'm sure no expert, but that sounds like queenless bees to me. The splits I made on Thursday and those made this afternoon were roaring within minutes after removing them from the hive. I had one hive that went queenless last year. They also roared very loud.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, I'm off to a really bad start. Especially if that queen didn't take. 1st queen died in package got another queen introduced her yesterday and now maybe it looks likeshe didn't take. So now i have to get another queen. Man I'm learning trial by fire.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to thehive today and they were quiet. Until I gave them some smoke, then they were buzzing. I was a bit worried., yesterday.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What did you see when you went through the hive. Did you see eggs, the queen or multiple eggs on the sides of the cells? That may help diagnose an issue, if there is one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts