Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Any seasoned beeks have tips/experience getting lots of stings, in the same spot, that turn into these horrid blisters, almost like a rash, (localized)?

Got stung a lot in a few spots with a hot hive, and it's my first time with this sort of reaction. I think to some extent it's my fault it got inflamed as I didn't wash up immediately after getting home, but for the past few days it was super sensitive and painful. I think now it's finally on the mend, I've been keeping it super clean and soaking a ton.

Anyone else ever had this experience? Tips?:)

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey there,

Any seasoned beeks have tips/experience getting lots of stings, in the same spot, that turn into these horrid blisters, almost like a rash, (localized)?

Got stung a lot in a few spots with a hot hive, and it's my first time with this sort of reaction. I think to some extent it's my fault it got inflamed as I didn't wash up immediately after getting home, but for the past few days it was super sensitive and painful. I think now it's finally on the mend, I've been keeping it super clean and soaking a ton.

Anyone else ever had this experience? Tips?:)

Thanks!
Yes.
From honeybees and also from fireants here in the south.
The whole area develops a rash if you get a lot of stings. I used 1 percent hydrocortisone to help contain and relieve it.
Note: if you begin to develop throat or breathing issues use an epipen or get to the doctor.
Other than that enjoy beekeeping!

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Honey is an anti-bacterial and has soothing properties. Slather some honey on it and bandage if you can. If not, leave it on as long as possible and repeat several times a day. J

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank y'all I appreciate the advice ❤

Hey there,

Anyone else ever had this experience? Tips?

Thanks!
Yes.
From honeybees and also from fireants here in the south.
The whole area develops a rash if you get a lot of stings. I used 1 percent hydrocortisone to help contain and relieve it.
Note: if you begin to develop throat or breathing issues use an epipen or get to the doctor.
Other than that enjoy beekeeping!
Honey is an anti-bacterial and has soothing properties. Slather some honey on it and bandage if you can. If not, leave it on as long as possible and repeat several times a day. J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts