Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an interesting photo I took of the entrance of one of my hives on Feb. 21, 2021. I can see 8 bees in the photo with pollen sacs. There are 3 colors of pollen; bright yellow, dark tan/olive green, and light tan. Spring has arrived in northern California.

My one-year anniversary in beekeeping is coming up and I have learned so much and enjoying it. Thanks go to many of you here on the forum for sharing your knowledge.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Just an interesting photo I took of the entrance of one of my hives on Feb. 21, 2021. I can see 8 bees in the photo with pollen sacs. There are 3 colors of pollen; bright yellow, dark tan/olive green, and light tan. Spring has arrived in northern California.

My one-year anniversary in beekeeping is coming up and I have learned so much and enjoying it. Thanks go to many of you here on the forum for sharing your knowledge.

View attachment 62343
Love it! I cannot WAIT for Spring!

Reactions: KellyW

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are there any trees blooming in N California? Or do you think that is from early spring flowers?
I live on the city edge in the urban/wildlands interface. There are lots of ornamentals in bloom in the urban areas and in the wild areas the manzanita and buckbrush (Ceanothus) are blooming heavily. Also a number of low growing forbs are blooming. I don’t know which sources the bees are utilizing.

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
Almonds are in bloom.
Also wild mustard and radish are blooming.
I also see filaree weeds in bloom.
The season is starting in N. California!

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
Oh, and I seen a couple dandelion in the side yard this afternoon. Seems to be a bit of an early spring here.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Oh, and I seen a couple dandelion in the side yard this afternoon. Seems to be a bit of an early spring here.
We don't have varied, but it was good to see them bring in fresh pollen that last couple days. I would be jealous of your pic, but our day will come. More excited for everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts