Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else getting bookoo swarm calls?? I have run out of covers and can't get anymore right now.....anyone in central OK want bees PM me and the next call is yours!:D

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
It's been really poor here. I've only gotten 2 calls this year. It's the least I've ever gotten, even from my first year. I guess they're heading down to OKC before finding a branch to cluster on... ;)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I've had one swarm call. I also tried to prevent one by making a nuc didn't stop them. Swarm land 10 ft away on a telephone pole 6 ft up. all three are doing great.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I've had 12-15 calls. Missed most of them due to they left by the time I got of work and ready to go. Got 5 of them plus caught another 2 in swarm traps. 3 of the calls and one of the swarm traps catches was in the last 10 days. So it's been a pretty good season. Wish I could have got all 12-15 though. :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Lots of calls for swarms and cutouts. No luck with my 5 swarm traps, even though all had old comb and lemongrass oil.
PS - Derek, I love your latest Chuck Norris line!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had to turn down a good one last night, on a tree, low to the ground, next to a swimming pool at a golf country club!! :eek: Man that would have been a sweet one, almost as good as Hammies Walmart swarm.....looks like I am going to make a bunch of migratory tops just to have extras around!!:doh:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm in Missouri and I have only had two swarm calls and only one could be accessed. I had so many last year I was turning them down. Missouri must be slow this year since two other MO beeks have posted the same.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nasal sponge, if the covers are all you're missing, use just about anything. :) I resorted last spring to swiping all the lids off of my large tupperware type storage boxes. ;) Stick a rock or two on top and you're set for a while.

It worked in a pinch until I could get my other half to rip some plywood down for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts