Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on how to hold fast a table saw arbor when you don't have the wrench? There is very little clearance to get onto the arbor shaft. I don't want to buy just the wrench (like 20 bucks!) if there is another way to stop it from moving. Im sure someone will tell me just to buy a wrench, lol. Thanks for any thoughts!

·
Registered
Bee Wrangler
753 Posts
If it is a belt drive and you can get a hold on the belt works like a charm.

Best time to clean the garage is when stuff starts missing :lookout:

·
Registered
279 Posts
On my older General saw, they never made allowance to hold the arbour , you just slide a piece of wood against the blade and as you turn the nut the blade stops the arbour from turning. Let the tooth of the blade hook on the corner of a block of scrap.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Borrow one? Toss it into your shop and that's where yours will be.

Or, just borrow one and return it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't waste your money on another one. Either use a scrap piece of wood in the teeth of the saw, or make your own from a piece of scrap flat iron. Any welding shop should be able to accommodate you. Just measure the flat width of the arbor and cut a slot in a piece of steel.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Unplug the machine first. A local restaurant had an employee sever his arm cleaning a pasta making machine just recently. I guess they didn't tell him to unplug it.

You probably knew that already. But just thought I'd say it again.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Did you check behind your D handle cutting jig that's hanging on the wall of your wood shop?

That's where mine wound up being. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts