Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new beekeeper wanting to buy some Russian packages or Nucs in Ohio. Does anyone know someone selling this breed in Ohio?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I have a new beekeeper wanting to buy some Russian packages or Nucs in Ohio. Does anyone know someone selling this breed in Ohio?
Get prepared to get a SWELL introduction to beekeeping. They are on the bottom of my list for "newbees" as their attitude is like a despondent 15 year old chick in the middle of a bad period. You can run but you can not hide. One of the top three reasons we no longer carry them. Maybe that's why you can't get your paws on any.... If you get some make sure you purchase the the best suit a million dollars will purchase... Here is what your up against.... Been there done that.... NO MORE for me.. No Way....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here is a link to the OSBA site: http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/resources/queen-nuc-and-package-suppliers/
I think Simpson's may have packages with Russian queens, they may be the closest to Zanesville. Waldo Apiaries may have packages with Russian queens too.
:thumbsup: for Simpson's i went a few weeks ago and talked to him about ordering equipment. He knew everything i asked him and was more then helpful and everything he sells is a good price and looks like a quality product. For Nucs you might also be interested in Charlie Reffitt. He is just outside of Newark i got 5 10 frames off of him last year and they are doing great. None lost as of today and still appeared to have plenty of honey left over. IF you want to contact him his email is [email protected]. Another place for Russian queens is http://www.mikesbeesandhoney.com/ I have bought a good bit off of him and hes probably the most knowledgeable person i have met when it comes to bees. I would recommend buying a queen from him if nothing else to talk to him and pick his brain but give yourself plenty of time he will keep you there for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts