Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 5x, so I'm having a little difficulty finding an off the shelf bee jacket. looking for a ventilated jacket with fencing veil.
I am returning a suit I got from amazon because the veil was defective (missing zipper) and frankly, I had a hard time getting into the pants easily; I have an ankle orthodic brace that goes up to just below my knee, and it would really be a pain in the ass to have to remove my shoes, the orthotic, put on the suit, put the brace back on, put on the shoes again just for a quicky check on the hive... ;(
Anyway, I kinda glad I can return the suit for good reason, since trying it on once proved I don't want to go that way. I'll stick with a quality jacket/veil and some thick pants (I'm thinking Carhartt canvas when I"m doing intrusive work)

so any suggestions for providers of large bee jackets?

D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a 5x, so I'm having a little difficulty finding an off the shelf bee jacket. looking for a ventilated jacket with fencing veil.
I am returning a suit I got from amazon because the veil was defective (missing zipper) and frankly, I had a hard time getting into the pants easily; I have an ankle orthodic brace that goes up to just below my knee, and it would really be a pain in the ass to have to remove my shoes, the orthotic, put on the suit, put the brace back on, put on the shoes again just for a quicky check on the hive... ;(
Anyway, I kinda glad I can return the suit for good reason, since trying it on once proved I don't want to go that way. I'll stick with a quality jacket/veil and some thick pants (I'm thinking Carhartt canvas when I"m doing intrusive work)

so any suggestions for providers of large bee jackets?

D
I got mine from Guardian Bee Apparel.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
has anyone done any business with CustomBeeSuits.com? They seem to have a large size selection, and decent pricing for their off the shelf jackets. Is there quality there?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Curious to see how you cool shield is sized. Would like some feedback because I may look at one. I was going to get a cool shield at the store and he did not have my size. I found the jacket was sized at least two sizes smaller than a standard size. I would normally need a 4x to 5x and would have needed a 7x in the cool shield. Maybe Scott has corrected this sizing issue or advises two size larger? I like the jacket but he just did not have my size in his store.

This was two years ago... I see currently he has all the sizes priced the same at this time and it is a good deal. When I looked a cool shield in my size, if ordered was within about $20-30 dollars or so of the Breeze jacket. I went with an ultra breeze and a 4x was more than adequately sized.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Absolutely. Us larger than life Beeks need to stick together ;)

just for info, in case anyone else orders one. I ordered this suit from Amazon.

OZ ARMOUR BEEKEEPING FULL SUIT VENTILATED ULTRA COOL WITH TWO HOODS FENCING & ROUND BRIM HAT WITH COW HIDE GLOVES (5X-LARGE)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F6KZE4A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I normally wear a 4x shirt, which will be not tight on me, but not loose. I ordered the 5x thinking one size up. I could barely get into this one, and it was very tight around my very lovable tummy.

If I were to order it again, I'd get the 6x so it would be looser.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Curious to see how you cool shield is sized. Would like some feedback because I may look at one. I was going to get a cool shield at the store and he did not have my size. I found the jacket was sized at least two sizes smaller than a standard size. I would normally need a 4x to 5x and would have needed a 7x in the cool shield. Maybe Scott has corrected this sizing issue or advises two size larger? I like the jacket but he just did not have my size in his store.

This was two years ago... I see currently he has all the sizes priced the same at this time and it is a good deal. When I looked a cool shield in my size, if ordered was within about $20-30 dollars or so of the Breeze jacket. I went with an ultra breeze and a 4x was more than adequately sized.

To close off, I decided on a "Cool Shield Fully Ventilated Beekeeping Jacket"
https://custombeesuits.com/product/c...eping-jackets/

Just got the jacket a few minutes ago and immediately put it on. Love it !!!!!!

I ordered the 6x, and glad I did. Perfect fit for me (normally a 4x in jacket), nice and loose, but not floppy.

Appears to be a high quality construction. Arrived in just a few days.

Kudos to Blythwood company.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts