Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for a honey straw machine. Not a cheap one , but a real good one. I have seen mention of the Equinox machine and have seen Equinox at the trade shows. If Lohman Apiaries is their sole US distributor, they have problems. A call last week to Lohman hasn't been returned. Does anyone know the entire Equinox name and where they are located?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the lead to Mexico for Equinox. However, a search on a Mexican business site turned up nothing. Does anyone have a piece of Equinox equip with a tag or sticker . It may be that Equinox is a brand name and the manufacturer's name is different. It's been 5 days since i called Lohman Apiaries and no reply............

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Equinox used to have a website (i looked at it several times) but its gone, I also have exhausted myself trying to find their business info to contact them directly for information and questions. Good luck in your quest

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm sure Dennis is busier than a 1 legged cowboy in a butt kickin contest. I need to call him too... I need to get some queens.

:)

JoeMcc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The site for the Equinox group in Mexico has nothing on it about honey processing equipment. Reading the Equinox ad in Jan 2010 ABJ, Equinox says,"we are bkprs and fabricators ", and of course it goes on to say that their US dist is Lohman. That being accurate, this is a very large bkping operation somewhere in the world. Probably not the third world ? Hmmmmm...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Equinox is Mexican based. I have seen several of their products, and its very nice.
I dont know if there is any truth to this but I was told that Equinox plant burned down last year, again, not sure if that is the truth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ABJ says the only info they have on their advertiser is ,"they are somewhere in Mexico" . An email to a "Made in Mexico" site was unanswered. I liked Maxant's compliment of Equinox equip. I'd frame and display that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts