Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm a first year beekeeper. I have 2 hives currently, both are set up in Dracut. I've taken a beekeeping course, and spent countless hours reading up on the hobby. I have a decent idea of what I'm doing, but I learn better through doing.

If there's someone around that's willing to be a mentor to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
97 Posts
The most local clubs are the Merrimack Valley Beekeeping Association, which meets up in Merrimack NH, or the Essex County Beekeeping Club that meets at the Toppsfield Fairground.

I'm just down the road from you, only my second year, but would be willing to trade notes!

·
Registered
191 Posts
You're in Middlesex County, so the Middlesex County Beekeeping Association would be your best bet. I went to their bee school (although I don't live in Middlesex) and it was quite good. You ought to become a member and go to their meetings (virtual ones for now). Your local club also can make sure you get to have the state bee inspector check out your hives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry everyone. I didn't see the replies until today. I've joined the MVBA, so I'm very excited about that. I'll probably join the MCBA as well because why not, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts