Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for someone willing to help me learn and finally do it right. I haven't had much luck for last few years between mites and bears at my old location and now, in Maine, my only hive swarmed.

I haven't had much luck with help from clubs so I shy away from then now. I've joined several Clubs over the years and they all told me about everyone being eager to help newbees. For the most part, they were eager to sell me gear and bees, but when I called or e-mailed for help, I didn't get responses or was told they were too busy. Most all of my help has come from right here at Beesource!

I'm not asking for ME, ME, ME! I am more than willing and eager to come to your hives on the weekends or after 3:00 PM week days any time and often to help you and your hives and learn that way too.

This is something I've wanted to do for years but I need to learn more and I learn from doing.

So, if there is anyone out there who is serious about bees and wanting to help a newbee so I can someday do the same for others as well as help you (even as a grunt carrying deeps or whatever), PLEASE CONTACT ME! I REALLY WANT to Learn and Be Successful!

If there is no one with experience willing to help, how about another newbee in my area? We can learn together? Another set of eyes and suggestions from another are good things!!

I had 4 hives and now I'm down to 1 (the new nuc that swarmed 20 days after installation into the hive). I still have 2 additional empty hives in storage that I have to go get and maybe catch a swarm or two or just get them going again next year. My goal is to slowly move up to a minimum of 10 hives.

So, if you are in the Jay, Livermore, Livermore Falls, Wilton, Farmington (even New Sharon and Industry), Maine areas and wouldn't mind helping me from time to time and I'll help you whenever needed, I'd love to talk!

Thanks!

Bob D

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The Western Maine Beekeepers Association holds a 12 week beekeeping course every winter. Even though I had bees many years before, when I moved to Maine and decided to get back into beekeeping, I took the course and it was well worth the effort. The group holds "open hives" over the summer and this could be a good way to get some new ideas and make contacts.

http://mainebeekeepers.org/western-maine-beekeepers/
email: [email protected]

Wayne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts