Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a white board under my screened bottom board of my two hives and although one was clean except pollen after 24 hours, the other had what appeared to be two larva of SHB and also some strange wooden shaving like material. Any thoughts? Pictures included:

·
Registered
11,869 Posts
Other than the larvae it's just normal hive junk. Although finding larvae like this, wax moths too, is very common.

The first pic has a few darker blobs that might be varroa mites but I can't quite tell.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I looked really close but couldn't tell if they were mites. I will set out again and see if I can find any mites. I figured two larva wasn't bad. I found one beetle two, but smashed it before picture. Opening outer cover, found no beetles. They might be somewhere else in hive. Is two not so bad? I was afraid I'd find more and was pleasantly surprised to see only two larva. My other hive had none.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The beetles don`t lay just two eggs, but maybe only two survived, keep an eye out, not good to see honey dripping out the bottom board,,,,Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts