Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined, beekeeping for three years, have learned a alot on this site, I run about ten hives plus or minus still learning Thanks

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
And so the addiction grows! Welcome!
I know this was for the OP but I felt the need to defend.

Looking out over the ocean earlier this afternoon. It was 80F and light wind through the palms. Sent a beek friend of mine a beach pic captioned, “thinking bee thoughts”

I can stop any time I want. None of us have a problem.

·
Super Moderator
Santa Cruz, CA
1,204 Posts
I know this was for the OP but I felt the need to defend.

Looking out over the ocean earlier this afternoon. It was 80F and light wind through the palms. Sent a beek friend of mine a beach pic captioned, “thinking bee thoughts”

I can stop any time I want. None of us have a problem.
And so the denial grows! Welcome! Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was a very nice and needed snow we got i usually let mother nature uncover them though. and yes it is an addiction thanks

·
Registered
6a 5th yr 9 colonies inc. 2 resource hives
778 Posts
Hey there Adolf! So Greeley Colorado. Sounds nice. I'm in 6a Sisters Oregon high desert. Welcome to our group. Noticed you said mother nature will uncover them. I remember when Ian Steppler in Canada was getting his hives into his winter shed and they got caught in a snow storm before they could be moved. He was very worried until he found they had made little igloos around themselves. That was quite the entertaining series of videos a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Welcome Adolf- glad you finally dove in to the forum.

Best of luck to you this year.

Russ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to Beesource. Got your bees uncovered from the snow? :)
Hey there Adolf! So Greeley Colorado. Sounds nice. I'm in 6a Sisters Oregon high desert. Welcome to our group. Noticed you said mother nature will uncover them. I remember when Ian Steppler in Canada was getting his hives into his winter shed and they got caught in a snow storm before they could be moved. He was very worried until he found they had made little igloos around themselves. That was quite the entertaining series of videos a couple of years ago.
Here in march we go any where from 60 degree to an all out blizzard like this last storm over last weekend about 2 ft its all melted off by the following friday

1 - 14 of 14 Posts