Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good time yesterday when I attended a short course provided by a local Bee club.Cherokee beekeepers of Athens, Tn. The course started at 8:30 am and was over by 4:00 pm with lunch provided.( plenty of great offering on the food ) Plenty of door prizes and 3 bee grants given away to newby members.
I was impressed with the information and well planned time for speakers and class training they did a great job putting it together.The attendance was a mixture of ages and like myself there were plenty of newby folks excited to begin in the beekeeping world as well as plenty of attendance by other nearby adjoining county club members.
Made some local contacts and got one beekeepers offer to let me come to his apiary when he opens some hives so I can get some much anticipated hands on experience.
Beekeepers are a great group I have found from both of the clubs I have attended meeting with so far this year.
I plan to become a member of Ocoee chapter club at their next meeting and I know they will offer much needed support from both memberships.
Also joined the Cherokee club and the state association now just ready for my bees to arrive in April and begin the adventure.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Don't just join. Get involved, ask what needs to be done, and help with the club. You don't need to know much to help a local club, and you will make many friends and learn the most that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts