Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm using coates nuc plans for 5 frame and 2 frame nucs. Using plywood. Was thinking about using two coats of liquid rubber and a coat of latex paint. I'm adding a vent- hole in the back. I don't have access to a dipping tank and the cost of wax is pretty steep. A 5 gal bucket of Ames blue max liquid rubber is around $166. Anyone one else have experience doing this?

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Rubber coating on wood might not be a good thing. Moisture can travel through the wood and may push the rubber loose or trap moisture underneath. Far too expensive to protect bee boxes.

·
Registered
5 ,8 ,10 frame, and long Lang
4,839 Posts
If you are not $$ challenged try some. I would think the bottom boards, bottoms and sides would be nice to have rubber coated. coating the corner 2 inches could be nice. Lids also Be nice to have rubberized.

Bees for me is "what" do i spend on,, not should I spend. :) It may be over Kill , but what is a flow hive?....
If you try it let us know how it worked.
GG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.