Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deer fence up around a small orchard, ~400 ft perimeter. The wild grapes grow all over it but it is too heavy and pulls the fencing down, but it looks nice. I then noticed a couple shoots of morning glory that grew on the fence and had no effect on the fence. That gave me the idea of looking for a vine that was light like a morning glory but also had more flowers for the bees. Does any such thing exist?

~Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a deer fence up around a small orchard, ~400 ft perimeter. The wild grapes grow all over it but it is too heavy and pulls the fencing down, but it looks nice. I then noticed a couple shoots of morning glory that grew on the fence and had no effect on the fence. That gave me the idea of looking for a vine that was light like a morning glory but also had more flowers for the bees. Does any such thing exist?

~Matt
Cypress Vines are very light,will grow to 8 to 10 feet high and form very dense vine that is covered with small bright red flowers that bees ,butterflies and hummingbirds love and they are self seeding.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cypress Vines

Excellent, appear to be from the same family as morning glories to probably exactly what I'm looking for.

~Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts