Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
240 colonies
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Kamon,
The video of the lift you put on has the operator standing back, looks like maybe 4' or so, it looks kind of awkward to use. Is there some advantage to this? The Kaptarlift seems more refined but maybe higher priced. What are your thoughts on it?
Cal
https://youtu.be/pcSbmudGrwM

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Well Kaptar is way higher priced and further to ship 1. I'd say the difference is about 2000 bucks. Also I haven't seen it pick up individual supers or 2 way pallets which The Canadian Lifter I showed can. The wider wheel setup does take up more space but it also makes it more stable and secure rolling it. Which in my area is hard to find! (level ground) Kaptar has wheel power which is nice. They both have merit and without using them it is hard to know for sure. However, I have liked what I have seen from the Canadian Hive Lifter.

·
Registered
240 colonies
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I appreciate your input as am very close to laying down some bucks for one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dear Calkal.I am more than 15 years developing and produce Hive LIfters. Most of my sales in the US, about 100 units annually. I have a very reliable product with 7 years warranty. Defiantly, my Lifter can meet your criteria because it built by a professional beekeeper for other beekeepers. Recently, I successfully tested new models B2 and B3 and started producing them, also I updated my old model B1, and very soon it will be available for sale. This one will be built from aluminum with a sliding extension frame and an electric hydraulic push rod.
Please take a look at my video with model B1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQKpplSwS3A&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=BorisFridlender

·
Registered
240 colonies
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Borisf,
I would like to know more, this looks very good. Do you have a website?
Cal

21 - 29 of 29 Posts