Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a damage liability waver that they use for cut-outs and removals that would mind sharing with me? I sure would appreciate it!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
become best friends with a general contracter that his lic and bonded

you both win - you get bees and he gets work

for me it worked out great that my brother is a GC and im the beek!!!!!

saves you the court stuff if it ever gets that nasty

·
Registered
332 Posts
Contractors insurance is helpful. Here is a service agreement I saw and saved from someone on this forum:

"Owner: John Doe - Apiculturalist

Service Agreement
I, ___________________________, release Mr. Doe from any liability pertaining to any damages caused by the honeybees or the extraction process. I give permission to Mr. Doe to take whatever action necessary to remove the bees and honeycomb.

I acknowledge that while utmost care will be taken to avoid damages, it may be necessary to obtain outside services at the owner’s expense to repair any resulting damages.

Any work to repair the damages related to the extraction process are not the responsibility of Mr. Doe / Doe's Bee Extraction Services.

Mr. Doe has the right, at any time, to temporarily or permanently discontinue the extraction if any unforeseen obstacles, complications or health hazards arise during the extraction process.

Signature _________________________ Date ____________ "

Will it stand in court? I don't know. I've also seen agreements that specified that beeremoval is dangerous to passersby and that the homeowner assumes that liability. Again, will it stand in court? I don't know. I think the owner understanding the whole process from the beginning is the best insurance. The agreement should state that damage to the building might occur, that you will tear into the house and will/ will not put it back together, that you might stop at anytime due to unforeseen circumstances, and that the price estimate is really just an estimate/ you have no way of knowing exactly how involved the work will get.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Just what makes you think that the klutz signing the liability waiver is, in fact, the property owner ??? There is a high probability that it is a renter in today's economy.

But I'm just as sure that the renter will sign just to get rid of the bees.

Had one swarm call that was "can you get them bees outa that wall ?"
My reply was "is it your wall ?"
The customer's response was "no.... it is my neighbors garage !"

Nuf said -- Fuzzy

·
Registered
332 Posts
Good point. You need to ask. Though, when I tell customers that the average removal is $500, they let me know really fast if they are the owner or the tenant.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Aram! I'm going to be pretty selective about what I cut out. I did a few swarm removals and one cut out last year. I didn't have the owner sign anything last year. She was 85 and on a fixed income so we went ahead and fixed it for her after we removed the hive. Ended up costing us money but I felt it was a worthy cause. After that cut out last year, I was done for the season...she a a few cats and it was hot. They were Tom cats who liked to "mark". I didn't feel like going into anyones home in 90 + degree weather anytime soon to smell cat pee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts