Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Another deceptive uncapper video showing only perfect smooth combs with no brace and burr, not combs and supers like we get in real life.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought it a couple years ago....i hate wax cappings is why i got it. They have since come out with an upgraded model with new features. Overall I wouldnt trade it for anything except for the features on the new model. You need to buy the blue plastic scracher from betterbee to go with this.

It is only available through blue sky. Forget trying to reach LEGA, they are all Italian.

They finally came out with , or recame out with a food grade catch tub, rubber boots for the legs and so on.

When i I approached so-n-so at blue sky about my concerns about the uncapper, he said he was not making much money off the sale of this equipment and was selling them for the bee keepers as if I care how much he makes from it.

I digress.

Any warranty or service issues has to go through Bluesky bee....The documentation at the time, was pretty weak, although they provide well printed instructions but as far as disassembly, for maintenance and service forget it.

There was not a parts list incase you wanted to replace something....

I am starting to remember stuff that pissed me off about buying it from the sole dealer in the country but I would still buy it.... unless you buy this one the others are chinese knockoffs.

Anyone use the Lega Tabletop Slicer?

https://www.blueskybeesupply.com/lega-tabletop-slicer-lgtt-uc/

I’m a sideliner growing soon and want a good quality uncapper and would appreciate your advice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
OH Dear, are we talking about the same thing?
I ordered it for the kitchen yesterday ZENY, but I'm not sure it's right for the other guy. Although it doesn't matter until I try to find out. The main thing is not to break it.

Too bad I didn't see your messages earlier, I would have ordered a good one at once :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pinging this thread to see if there is any further experience anyone wants to report with this device.
They have come out with a new updated version since i bought mine. A few 8nprovements from what i can see. The BS line from Blueskybeesupply about the catch tub included with the uncapper, that was actually from IKEA- that were food grade plastic...they were not food grade plast.. anyway, the upgraded versions now say BPA FREE plastic.

I would still buy this thing because i hate wax cappings, uncapping tanks .

There was not enough documentation on disassembly for maintenance.

Still a good product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts