Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
H&L is a little high on pricing, but the bees i got from him are GREAT. I have been thrilled. He got a bad wrap for dead packages last year because of bad shipping.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, no one out there has actually used them product? Really? That's surprising if true...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I personally think that if you are a handy man at all, you need to go to Micheal Bushs' website. He has a home made queen intro cage that is second to none. bushfarms.com and click on beekeeping.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I made one last year and used it. It worked. I had to leave my queen in it for several weeks - that cuts into hive 'productivity' time. The idea is to leave it in long enough to the point where laying workers die or 'graduate' to the field force. House bees then have hatched from larvae and have been exposed to the queen pheromones their whole lives.

It worked for me, but I lost a LOT of 'build up' time. In the end, the hive didn't make it through winter.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Sorry, I've never used them. I just do a hive shake-out for laying worker problems. Quick and easy and no extra equipment or tools needed, solves the problem instantly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts