Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, America is back in space. I got chills just watching the launch knowing how important this was. To infinity and beyond.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I missed it but will watch it somewhere. I was feeling a little apprehensive, I was reminded of the Challenger, but did not want to dwell on that at all. I believe human beings living in a space station orbiting the earth is quite astonishing.

·
Super Moderator
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thoughts of Apollo 1 and Challenger were on my mind as well.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Challenger and Columbia happened because it became routine and we got complacent. I was confident this time they would have checked and rechecked. But what will happen when it is launch number 100? At least the Dragon seems to be more inherently safe with the escape options and the fuel and go protocol.

·
Super Moderator
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sm very pleased with private industry leading the way this time around. I am not sure complacency was the cause of the Challenger tragedy, leaning more towards the low bidder on the oring contract, but whatever. My brother, who is retired NASA, and I were texting the day of the launch. We both agreed it was time for Sir Richard to get off his bum and get SpaceshipOne into orbit as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts