Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attempting to make use of existing hardware while experimenting with deep frames used in Layens hives. Brood chamber utilizes Layens frames while honey supers stacked above will use standard Langstroth frames turned 90 degrees to the brood frames. Brood chamber consists of a deep box and a medium box tied together with 15/32 plywood tacked to the inside short side of the boxes. The Layens frames rest on top of plywood pieces. This arrangement allows 13 1-3/8" Layens sized frames. I guess this would be considered the Layens Pastorial design. Still need to wire frames and decide whether to have entrance on long side or keep it on the typical short side (i.e. warm way or cold way). Also debating on installing this above single deep package installed earlier this spring to get some comb drawn or wait for swarm trap to bring me more bees.

Rectangle Wood Composite material Gas Automotive exterior Wood Composite material Gas Automotive exterior Machine Rectangle Grille Window Wood Automotive exterior

1 - 1 of 1 Posts