Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am visiting family in the Lancaster Pa. area and was wondering if there are any local bee suppliers in the area?
I'm not getting any local hits on line but do remember reading about an Amish shop some time ago.:scratch:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
2 hours north of Lancaster is Mann Lake's new retail store in Wilkes Barre. Could be on your way depending on your route through PA

Wayne

·
Registered
724 Posts
I am visiting family in the Lancaster Pa. area and was wondering if there are any local bee suppliers in the area?
I'm not getting any local hits on line but do remember reading about an Amish shop some time ago.:scratch:
You might also want to visit Gamber Container if you need any honey containers. Very goood prices and selection.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ike at Forest Hill is great & they produce some excellent woodenware! I visited Lancaster last year & I have been there once already this year. Each visit I made sure that I "needed" something for my bees. He made up an 8 frame Cloake board for me this year even though this is not something that he has in his catalog! IMO, you will not find better built woodenware!

Marvin

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You all for the information.
I went by Forest Hill and he does have some very nice equipment and we talked for about 1/2 hr.
I picked up some moisture boards to try this winter as I build all of my wooden wear.
I then visited some old friends at Dave Co Printing to get caught up on things.
Then off to Lancaster to pick up some honey bears at Gamber Container.
I just woke up from a short nap at the in laws.
Now if a swarm would move in to the hive box in the back of my truck it would be a 100% perfect day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts