Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys if you looked do not say that I did not warn you:eek:

O.K my mom has started a new business, are you ready? Drum role please...... reusable feminine hygiene products:waiting: Please take a look and let us know what you think. (and buy some Hint,Hint) Any way here is the link, http://naturallycozy.weebly.com/ Thank you for looking.

WB

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
WB, in Europe they sell a disposable paper like funnel so women can use public urinals. I have thought about selling them for lady beekeepers since they complain about the problem of wearing a full suit.

·
Registered
421 Posts
All I can say is "ewww".

She needs to advertise on the homesteading forums. These things are more accepted there. No way I'd ever "re-use" a SN.
Would you re-use toilet paper? Sorry, just my opinion as a woman.

This is funny, it says ladies only, and 3 guys answer first. Lol

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Old school. What do you think women did before "modern" times? Where do you think the term "on the rag" came from? Most people don't want to know about this sorta stuff, just like what people used to wipe themselves w/ before TP.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Speaking as a woman who has spent a good part of her life using "feminine products", there's a huge difference between having to use them because there's nothing else invented yet, and choosing to use them, as an option.
Glad I wasn't born back then. There's a good reason why "re-usable sn" aren't sold now. No or little market for them.
I do wish her luck in selling them, though.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Most people don't want to know about this sorta stuff, just like what people used to wipe themselves w/ before TP.
Once,when working in the field in the Yellowstone area, a co-worker of mine had to use a pine cone when he was struck with a temporary bout of dysentery.

We never forgot to pack the TP in after that!

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Once,when working in the field in the Yellowstone area, a co-worker of mine had to use a pine cone when he was struck with a temporary bout of dysentery.

We never forgot to pack the TP in after that!
What? The cone? And not some needles or grass? Boy, that's ruff.

Now imagine having to urinate while up on Mt. Everest.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yup - the cone (actually cones). We were working in one of the burned areas. There wasn't a tree over 2 feet tall and all the ground cover had been reduced to ash.

To make matters worse - the cones had all survived the fire, so they were burnt themselves and turned everything black, if you get my meaning.

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
There was still dirt on the ground. Wipe with a handful of dirt. Use enough dirt, and the dry dirt just brushes right off.

The Arabs use a handful of sand, and wipe with their left hand.

·
Registered
668 Posts
There wasn't any dirt to speak of (at least none to access without a shovel)! The entire area was covered in ash from the fire and seedling lodgepole pine.

Ash might have worked, but it was a desperate, crisis situation - so we didn't think about it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts