Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This article just appeared in the Muskogee Daily Phoenix under the editorial section today. Its funny however it shows how many misconceptions people actually have about bees.

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050606/OPINION/506060311/1014/OPINION

Killer bee invasion has a simple solution
Last week on television, the anchor said that the Africanized killer bees are in our area and Tulsa County now and are steadily moving north.

Being attacked and stung 200 or 300 times is a scary thought and these bees are not recognizable except by their violent behavior. It caused me to think of a way we can get them before they get us.

I offer this suggestion:

Build a "scarecrow" that is powered by an electric motor to jump and move and that is remote controlled. Place the scarecrow near the suspect beehive, and from the safety of a closed automobile, fire a slow heavy bullet (a 12-gauge deer slug or a .45-70 caliber would do) into the hive to wake them.

When the bees come charging out, turn on the scarecrow to provide an attractive victim. Killer bees will go crazy while domestic bees probably won't do much. Bees only get to sting one time and in stinging cause their own death. The aggressive bees will eliminate themselves, and the hive could be poisoned to get the rest.

The time is now to get busy on this or some other solution.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am just wondering if your are really serious or just making a joke. If no joke is intended, then if the hive is not "killer bees" , do you just say "sorry for blowing a huge hole in the side of your hive mister thought they "might" have been killer bees. Then tip your hat and leave? Hope you were joking.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i'm looking forward to the tour in some ways

but i'm evil > :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts