Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some Kelly covers when they were on sale; I've gotten them before, good covers. They have stickers that say "remove peel coat". I've bought Kelly covers before but don't remember the "peel coat" being this tenacious. Does anyone have any tips on getting it off easily?

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
The blue ones on Mann Lake covers are hell to take off if they have been baked on for a few years in the sun. Hot pressure washer did nothing. We used circular wire brush on a handheld grinder.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I very carefully peeled the coating off of two of these. Pretty time consuming job. I decided that I didn't have any good reason for removing the coating. I just left it on on the rest of my covers. Is there any reason to remove it?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I think the biggest reason for the plastic film is for appearance. I think manufactures install the film to keep the metal from getting scratched in storage and transportation. Some people would probably complain in their parts showed up scratched up.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
The blue ones on Mann Lake covers are hell to take off if they have been baked on for a few years in the sun. Hot pressure washer did nothing. We used circular wire brush on a handheld grinder.
I’m just curious here....... did you leave the film on for two years because you liked the color?

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
No Charlie, I got them as part of one of my used equipment purchases. After that really wet winter two years ago I hustled up all the telescoping covers I could find cheap.

I’m just curious here....... did you leave the film on for two years because you liked the color?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts