Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks for the link...it sucks for me because I just bought 300 slotted top and bottom frames from Dadant, would have saved me a bunch of time!

I sent Dadant an email.

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is a price break down to $.68 for over 100 on mediums.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I talked to a lady there and asked about it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I didn't see it anywhere and putting 100 in the cart still charges you .95 each. Thanks.
I just called Kelley at 1-800-233-2899. These are so new that they are not in the recently mailed new catalog nor have they been placed on the web site yet. Med. frames 100-499 are .68 each and 500-999 are .66 each, but you will have to call at this time. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
From what I understand, the deep foundationless frames still need to be horizontally wired... Gives much needed additional support to the comb. So I'm wiring 800 of mine... wish I didn't have to, but figure the advice is solid.

·
Registered
59 Posts
From what I understand, the deep foundationless frames still need to be horizontally wired... Gives much needed additional support to the comb. So I'm wiring 800 of mine... wish I didn't have to, but figure the advice is solid.

So are you extracting these deeps or using them for brood?

·
Registered
970 Posts
It is well worth the time puting wiring into your frames makes working much easer. they will be stronger and straight built combs

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
mcooper, I use deeps just for brood...but you just never know. So I wire.
"never say never" :no:

·
Registered
59 Posts
mcooper, I use deeps just for brood...but you just never know. So I wire.
"never say never" :no:
Dumb question for a beekeeper of 10 years...do I have to heat the wire and get it in the foundation?

I ordered 10 of these frames this afternoon I'll give them a try and report back how they work for me.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
Yes, I've been using similar frames for years and they work great.

No, I don't wire them.

No, you don't have to, nor can you heat the wire to embed it in the foundation because there will be no foundation. You can, if you wish, put wire in the frame.

www.bushfarms.com/beesfoundationless.htm

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, I've been using similar frames for years and they work great.

No, I don't wire them.

No, you don't have to, nor can you heat the wire to embed it in the foundation because there will be no foundation. You can, if you wish, put wire in the frame.

www.bushfarms.com/beesfoundationless.htm
I should have clarified....do I need to embed wires in my frames with foundation? I have 50 right now that I could wire up. I do use vertically wired foundation.

I figure that the wire will help the foundationless frames be stronger...so I don't mind doing it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts