Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having problems with Kelley beekeeping I received an order with 2 broken pieces and tried to contact them , one phone number is not inservice and the other one you get an answering service , I did leave an message with the answering service and they said someone would call back ( no one has returned my call ) . I did send two emails with no one has returned any emails . Anyone else’s having any problems?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think Kelley was taken over by Mann Lake. I ordered bees from Kelley several months ago; the package arrived on schedule from ML. I'd try calling Mann Lake customer service.

Good luck,

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, things seem to be in flux right now. I got an invoice from Mann Lake yesterday for my last Kelley order.
I always got my labels from Kelly, and after the take over, all the Kelly labels were gone. I called and got no satisfaction.
Somewhere there is a printer with those files; if anyone can find that printer, I'd sure like to know.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I'm done with Kelley. Been buying supplies from them since Mr. Kelley was alive. All my sumps are from Kelley, as well as the immersion heaters in them. The heaters are junk. If I want 130˚ I have to set the dial to 150+. If I want the wax dipping tank to be 195, I have to set the dial to 250. No adjustment screw in heater. Junk! I called them in December. Got engineer who said they heard this from someone else. They would set up a test. Would call me back. Didn't. I called back. He would call, back after ABF. Didn't. I called again asking for manager. Got voicemail. She said she would call me back just as soon as she could. Never did. Never will. Done with Kelley

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I ordered a queen from them this year. Queens arrived very fast, despite being a time zone away.

First queen arrived with a missing leg. I called them and they took my word for it, and sent me a replacement for free.

The queen was a laying queen, and was accepted.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I ordered some commercial grade supers from the last December and was not impressed with them. Most boxes were warped and wouldn't set flat. I'm talking off by at least 1/4-inch where bee would easily fit through. The ends and sides are very uneven, like their machinery wasn't property calibrated, so the boxes won't slide back together unless you clean them up with a table saw after assembly. The handles and joints had so much fraying they were difficult to paint. I could understand this better if these were the cheap budget grade boxes. I threw a few away because they were so bad. I never had a problem with Brushy Mountain or Dadant supers of any grade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts