Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see that these cages have a built in queen excluder if you break out a piece - I think. But I'm still wondering what the little tee handled widget attached to the cap is for??? Anyone know where there is an instruction sheet for JZBZs products?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes sense. Thanks.

Anyone know under what condition you would break out the bar to let workers in and out, but keep the queen in?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
david..if you had queens shipped to you with nurses and you wanted to bank them in the cages you would probably want to release the attendants,

·
Banned
7,861 Posts
Be very careful when releasing the attendants because the queen might fly away if done outside.
I learned it the hard way when doing this that using a plastic bag will not help either. So a closed
room will help if you want to.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Be very careful when releasing the attendants because the queen might fly away if done outside.
I learned it the hard way when doing this that using a plastic bag will not help either. So a closed
room will help if you want to.
If you read the OP carefully, you will see that the JZBZ queen cage has a built in excluder. Most mated queens cant fit thru a standard excluder, so there shouldnt be much concern about a queen flying away on you withthe JZBZ cage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts