Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just received my first swarm call ever! It's in a pine tree about 5 ft off the ground. The residence is only 20 min from my place. I'm excited/nervous as this is the first time I'm doing this. I've caught only one swarm before and it was on the ground. Anyways, I'm stoked! I'll let you know how it goes and I'll post pics!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I remember my first time...

Good luck!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It couldn't have gone any better! They were a super nice married couple who were more than happy to let me cut a couple of branches from their spruce tree (as it turned out to be) and the wife kept snapping pictures of the whole thing. They said their family has been there for 60 years and have never seen anything like it. The guy was out cutting the grass when he heard a loud hum and looked up to see bees landing in his tree. He said he grabbed the cat and ran inside :) The whole experience was great and, as I said before, they were really nice.
I'm guessing I have about 4 lbs of bees. I won't know until I weigh them tomorrow. Now I just have to figure out how to post pics....:scratch:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Hambone for helping me get the hang of posting pics. At least I was able to get one up. I failed a second time, but I'll figure this out eventually. Ta-Ta!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts